Monday, September 14, 2009

Tweets and Commentary From the Hospital

  • Madison's first car ride! We are on our way home!!!3:53 AM Jul 27th from txt
    We were so ready to go home. Madison hadn't slept as well as we had hoped. We thought that once we got home it would be better. Boy were we mistaken :)



  • I'm a daddy! Baby Madison was born at 7:08 pm. She is perfect! Mommy and Maddie are doing great! Love to everyone from the THREE of us!!7:50 PM Jul 25th from txt
    We only had 2 hours to visit before we had to go to our room for the night. During those 2 hours, Madison and I got all cleaned up in the L&D room and saw several visitors; My Mom, Dad, Teena, Carla, Sean, April, Drew, Zane, and Aunt SueEllen. We finally made it up to our family care room and got some rest. Madison slept fairly well that night.



  • Whoa! 10 cm came fast! Pushing is going to start any minute!6:45 PM Jul 25th from txt
    I was checked again and I was only about 4.5 cm and was told that it would probably be late that night or the next morning before I has the baby. So, Gary had asked my mom and Carla to wait in the waiting room so that I could get some sleep. While they were out, I got some sleep and woke up looking at the monitor and it started showing Madison's heartrate drop every time I had a contraction. This made me very uncomfortable so I had Gary ask the nurse to come in and find out what was going on. This was the first time that they had checked me in almost 4 hours. I was at 9.5 cm, very close to 10 and the baby was at a -1 station and we were told that it would still be several hours. Gary went out to inform Mama and Carla. While he was out, the nurse had me turn over to my left side and I asked the nurse how I would know when to have her come back and when to push. She said it would feel like a lot of pressure on my bottom. I then told her that I was feeling that sensation. Gary came back in and then she checked me again and I was at 10 cm and the nurse asked me to give her a push. After 1 push, Madison was ready to come out. This happened all in about 10 minutes. Gary went back out to tell Mama and Carla that it was happening NOW. They came back in while the nurse and midwife were getting the room ready. The pushing started and Mama and Carla left the room. Madison was born about 15 minutes later and I got to see it all in the mirror. It was such a surreal experience!!! I couldn't believe it. Gary was so good helping me breathe and focus. When Madison was born he was so proud! It was the start of our little family!!

  • Thank God - the epidural is in! It was getting rough there for a minute. Becky's asleep now and contractions are getting stronger!3:45 PM Jul 25th from txt
    After the water was broken and the pitocin was started back up, the contractions came quick and strong!!! I asked for IV meds within 20 minutes and they gave me Nubain. 10 minutes after that, I asked for the epidural. The Nubain didn't do anything for me. The only problem was that the nurse anesthetist was in a surgery and couldn't leave and I still had to get through a whole bag of fluids. 'Are you freaking kidding me?!!' Gary put a blood pressure cuff around the IV bag to help it go through faster and the waiting game was on for the anesthetist. Finally, 2 hours later she comes in and has to go through her schpiel about the epidural and I needed to sign this consent form yada, yada, yada. I 'signed' the form - it was an unrecognizable signature and I really didn't even care what the form said. I sat up and put my legs over the bed and more water came out - I thought that was all done. Gary was standing beside me and I remember looking at him as the water was hitting the floor and I said, 'I promise that is not pee'. Like he really cared :) I was so scared about getting the epidural. Gary stood in front of me and forehead to forehead helped me get through it. Ahhh, the epidural did wonders! I couldn't feel a thing. Definitely would do it again, but next time I would do it quicker.

  • Water is broken!!!!!!!!1:03 PM Jul 25th from txt
    At noon the midwife came in and gave us 3 options. 1.) Go home - not gonna happen, we came too far. 2.) try breaking the water again - Oh what pain! 3.) C-section. I really didn't want to do a c-section, so I opted for them to try breaking the water again. Thanks to my breathing techniques and Gary being my focus point, I was able to withstand the pain for them to break my water. I think I lost 20 pounds of water. It just kept coming and coming. The L&D nurse and the midwife said they hadn't seen someone with this much water in a long time. No turning back now!!

  • Trying Cytotec again,this time a little closer to the source. Hopefully this'll give us some results. Becky's hanging in there like a champ!9:48 AM Jul 25th from web

  • Just did an exam and things haven't progressed as much as we'd hoped. They were going to try and break the water, but we'll have to wait.9:46 AM Jul 25th from web
    Only 2 1/2 cm... What?!! They tried to break the water and they couldn't quite reach the cervix well enough... very painful... I thought I was gonna die.

  • Cytotec is started- we'll see how this helps her to progress from here. I'm in bed now and she's already asleep. If nothing else, we'll rest10:47 PM Jul 24th from txt

  • We're in a holding pattern now. Pitocin didn't do as much as we had hoped. They may try Cytotec (sp?) through the night. We'll know soon.8:16 PM Jul 24th from txt

  • Mommmy is still doing great - napping at the moment. Gotta get up some energy for the exciting night ahead of us!5:04 PM Jul 24th from txt

  • With the onset of the pitocin, Becky's contractions have become a little stronger and more regular. Pain is still not a big issue - yet!3:51 PM Jul 24th from txt

  • Pitocin was started about 45 min ago and then increased within the past few min. They will continue to increase the dose every 30 min.3:49 PM Jul 24th from txt
    Yay, we should be well on our way now, right?!! Wrong!

  • Becky's starting to have regular, mild contractions!! No pain yet, just tightening. The pitosin cocktail should be coming our way soon.2:14 PM Jul 24th from txt

  • Thanks to the Newcombes for coming to visit and bringing lunch! You're the best!11:53 AM Jul 24th from txt
    The cytotec seemed to be giving me contractions, they're getting stronger but still not painful yet. Just feels like strong menstral cramps.

  • Just started the oral meds ... contractions should be on their way soon!10:05 AM Jul 24th from web

  • Good Morning! We're up and Becky's had breakfast. Unfortunately, the cervidil didn't work so they'll try an oral med soon.8:45 AM Jul 24th from txt
    What?!! only 1/2 centimeter more after 12 hours of cervadil???

  • Had to run home to get an eggcrate to cushion the cot and a t-shirt to sleep in. No matter how prepared you are, something gets forgotten!2:30 AM Jul 24th from txt
    The nurse had actually given us an eggcrate but then realized it was for Gary and came back and took it away... how rude.

  • So far only mild contractions seen on the monitor and felt, but without any pain. We'll see how tonight goes ...1:37 AM Jul 24th from txt

  • Becky's mom & dad, Teena, Teri, Mandi, and Elaine came to visit tonight. We're trying to wind down now and get some rest before the big day!1:36 AM Jul 24th from txt
    We were thankful for visitors... it helped keep our mind off of what was about to happen.

  • Settled in labor and delivery. Cervidil has been started. 12 hours and we'll see how things have progressed. Whataburger for dinner YUM!10:06 PM Jul 23rd from txt
    I didn't even get through eating my hamburger. The midwife came in to start the cervadil and then I was too excited to finish eating.

  • At the hospital waiting to be admitted and begin our journey toward parenthood! Talk about a mixture of extreme excitement and anxiety!8:02 PM Jul 23rd from txt

  • We just found out that Becky will be taken in tonight to start the induction process at 8:00. Baby Madison should be here sometime tomorrow!1:29 PM Jul 23rd from txt
    I didn't know that I was going to be having a surprise baby shower at work in an hour! I think everybody was a little nervous :)

1 comment:

Janay said...

How fun to read! :)
You will be so glad you are documenting this now. It's amazing how quickly you forget all the details.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers